- 6oz / 185 g canned peeled piquillo peppers
- 1/4 cup / 60ml olive oil
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups/550g canned white beans (cannellini / butter beans) part drained (reserve the liquid)
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar plus a little extra to serve
- Handful of fresh thymes leaves
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A few handfuls of mixed baby leaf salad
- Drain the peppers, reserving the liquid. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat the oil, garlic and part drained white beasn in a non stick frying pan and mash with a fork to a think, course puree.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the sherry vinegar and 1 tablespoon of bean liquid, stir, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Let cool slightly, then stuff each pepper with the mixture and sprinkle with the thyme.
- Cut into thick slices or serve as whole.