An introduction to back specific training.
Use the teaching points as a guide to help you.
Complete 15 reps of each exercise.
3 sets in total.
|Lat Pull Down||• Sit down facing the machine and reach up to the bar |
• Wrap your hands around the making sure that both hands are in the same position at each end of the bar
• Sit tall with a straight back and pull the bar down to your chest
• Take your elbows wide taking care to keep them in line with your body
• Slowly control the bar back up until your arms are straight
|Seated Row||• Sit down facing the machine, feet on the foot rest with soft knees|
• Grab the bars and sit tall, shoulders back and engage your core
• Pull the bar into your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body as you pull them back
• Slowly control the bar back as you lower the weight
|Bent Over Row||• Position yourself with a wide stance, knees bent and hips flexed forwards|
• Hold the barbell with straight arms, at around knee level with the hands just wider than your knees on the bar, palms facing down
• Keep the back still as you pull the bar in, towards your stomach
• Return the bar back to the starting position, maintaining control throughout
|Single Arm Row||• Start by standing next to a flat bench and position the left knee on the bench with the dumbbell in the right hand|
• Bend forward from the hips, and place the left hand on the bench
• Bend so that your upper body is parallel to the floor and the head facing down
• The right hand with the dumbbell should hang straight down with the palm facing the bench
• Keeping the arm close to the side of your body, pull the dumbbell up to your side
• After a pause, lower the weight back to the starting position
• Repeat the movement until the set is finished
• Switch arms and repeat